But do three bad analogies make a right? (Destiny)

by scarab @, Monday, October 13, 2014, 15:22 (3500 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by scarab, Monday, October 13, 2014, 15:26

I fully expect you to disagree in some nitpick-y way, but here's the easy two:

1. Having to read previous books to read a new book doesn't make sense as you didn't have to play previous games to play Destiny.

You are the one who is nit picking. It is not possible to read parts of the Deathly Hallows book before you are allowed to read it so, of course, I have to give tasks that use the previous books. DUH!

The point, that you are trying so hard to miss, is that you are given arbitrary tasks that are related to what a HP fan would do anyway but in a fashion that is contrived.

But if you prefer to nit pick instead then go ahead.

2. Having read certain parts over and over doesn't make sense because one could play each Story Mission and Strike exactly once, in their proper order, and still reach the required level to play all of Destiny by earning experience in the Crucible.

You get all the ascendant shards, coins, motes? In what time interval?

Should I change the analogy to say: read all the previous books once then read your favorite book 200 times?

Destiny isn't perfect, but damn, your analogy was terrible. Now you have me a bit angry because we both know what you wrote isn't worth defending, yet you still tried. :/

Well I am dealing with someone who is being deliberately obtuse. No analogy would be acceptable to someone with that frame of mind.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread