Last year's interview with Jason Jones is a revelation. (Destiny)

by car15, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 12:05 (3506 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Which specific person(s) are you referring to in this specific instance? Rice? If so, I don't mind his Destiny-hate, I mind how wrong most of his post was. Claude's contribution is one of the best retorts, have you not read it yet.

I'm not going to identify specific people by name any more. That only leads to flame wars, unhappiness, and bans.

As far as you, I stopped taking you seriously when you declared Destiny "a deeply flawed game" (a crappy gamer-zeitgeist phrase if I ever heard one) one or two days after it was out. So far, no reason to put on you back on my "worth reading" list.

It's silly to write someone off because of a single phrase they used. At any rate, I elaborated extensively (perhaps too much) on the reasons why I believe Destiny is deeply flawed.

Here's a thing, car; I can't think of many groups that like it when a new person vists and starts dictating to them what's true and what isn't, constantly, under the guise of "fairness."

This isn't a university class or a debate contest. Think of DBO as more Claude's living room, or perhaps a local pub. You're the borish new person insisting we discuss politics or religion, while everyone else is looking to have a new time and see where the night takes us.

It seems clear to me from the volume of people complaining about aspects of this game that it's not just "borish new people" that want to discuss the game's flaws. Certainly, Cody is not new to this community.

Either way, if you don't like reading the negativity, it seems logical to simply avoid reading the negativity. Nobody is saying you're not allowed to have fun with Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread