Ey. (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:14 (1515 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

You could make it so there is no cosmetic variety whatsoever without paying? Cosmetics don't affect the game at all. Giving you the ability to acquire them through gameplay is a plus.

It is a plus in my opinion if you can ONLY earn them in game. The minute you can buy them too it becomes a problem, as I outlined in a different post in this thread.

Beyond that, the idea of a 'piecemeal' game would make the whole game suffer I think. If players can buy only the parts they want, then nothing can tie into and build upon anything else to create something greater. In short, I think the whole game would break down. You can't buy a bicycle in piecemeal. You need all the parts for it to work. Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a bike.

Halo could be broken into pieces and still function exactly the same. Nothing greater is built by them being in the same package. Guess Halo ain't a bike.

Only as many pieces as there are separate modes. Because they are separate. But I do think something would be lost, because technically things like skills carry over between modes. Expectations. A much more intangible type of thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread