So let's take a walk, shall we? (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 24, 2020, 17:52 (1515 days ago) @ Cody Miller

People can disagree, but I'll bet real money that more people define gameplay as I do.

Video game gameplay is distinct from graphics[9][10] and audio elements.[9]

Wow this is actually wrong, even according to their own page.

Gameplay is the pattern defined through the game rules,[2][5] connection between player and the game,[6]

There's no way you can argue that players do not connect with a game through graphics or audio.

Depends on how you define connect. I don't deny that gameplay can be somewhat vague in that it can be used in different contexts to mean slightly different things. Most would agree that gameplay has to do with how the player interacts with the rules of the game, and most would also understand what is meant by "cosmetic items that don't affect gameplay."

You're a strange one, man. You have extremely precise definitions for words that you insist are the only definitions, even when presented with evidence that reasonable people disagree. For someone who often stretches definitions to serve their argument, I wouldn't casually say "there's no way you can argue..." There's usually a way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread