Hardly validating (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:11 (1515 days ago) @ Malagate

Let me call out my own hypocrisy here (which I’ve done before, and often): I bought stuff from Eververse, I’ll likely do so again. I think the Eververse is a pretty decent way to handle microtransactions, and I have very little issue with the current Eververse. It’s the seasonal reward track that doesn’t sit right with me.

But even that is something I could live with. I just didn’t find the new season to be engaging at all, and it seemed like a good time to play some other things I’ve been putting off and do other things altogether. I don’t hate Destiny, and I’ll be playing again soon enough. Hopefully next season of it looks good, but certainly whenever the next truly substantial update. I did not quit Destiny as a form of protest from some sense of moral outrage.

I do miss playing with you all. Destiny is still a truly incredible game for its diversity of content. It’s just currently leaning a little too far into the chase of shiny things (which is something that I struggle with anyway).

I firmly believe Destiny would be a better game without microtransactions and the battle pass style system, but Destiny is also good enough for me to put up with those things to play it. I will still voice my displeasure with those things when they come up, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread