So let's take a walk, shall we? (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:41 (1515 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Kermit, Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:47

In your example you might not be affected but others are. Lotteries ask the poor to pay for education. That’s not right man. The rich should be the ones paying more of the tax. Just because it doesn’t seem to affect YOU doesn’t mean it’s not a bad system.

I'm not saying it isn't a bad system. Maybe you should argue for a better way but what if you fail to convince anyone, and voters decide the lottery is cool (which is exactly what happened.) If you're school superintendent, do you refuse state funds? I'm saying the world is a complicated place, and there are good and bad consequences to every action. Maybe the station owner shouldn't sell lotto tix, but maybe that money makes a big difference to the comfort of his or her family. All questions are not black and white. You want a purity when it comes to games and that's fine, but in my case when it comes to Destiny what I like outweighs what I don't like. Same goes for you, by the way. You got platinum in Death Stranding. There's someone out there who refused to play it because of its blatant product placement. You might not have liked that, but you made a calculation that you could ignore it. Or maybe it really worked for you, and your refrigerator is full of monster drinks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread