I think it was. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, June 06, 2020, 19:07 (1418 days ago) @ cheapLEY

...It certainly wasn’t worth the wait.

I've had time to think of it, get some food. As it says on the title... I think it was pretty good, ultimately. Timing needed work, yes, but I get it. I did find that there was something different about being in the game and having these things, these "events", happen with that controllable point of view perspective. I was in control of, as much as one can, what I got out of the moment.

Before reset, I was in a pretty good mood. It was interesting seeing everyone on. Don't know if anyone here grouped up, but I was with a bunch of blueberrys. Bunch of Randos. Bunch of fool'n around and silliness. Some folk dance'n, emoting about, all of us trying to figure out where to stand or sit or eat holographic popcorn. It was cool. That "community" aspect. I tell ya I dream of a sudden live fire moment. With all these guardians, all filled with light.

After that, after reset, well let's play what if. What if 9AM PST on the nose we saw those red streaks hit the sky? They go through that entire visual build up they had in 7 minutes (instead of the hour or so we had just waiting for the thing to start in ernest, plus the half hour till boom time). Then BOOM! 3 min for it to fall to the ground... BOOM! Shockwave. (Personally, I think everyone should have "died" when the shockwave hit, only to get rez'd back. Than again, there are non-guardians in the tower and the last city...sooo, I guess not. Rated T for Teen right?)

I think that would have been the sweet spot. I think pretty much all of us agree that this was definitely COOL, and its nice to see Bungie TRYING new things. This kind of reminded me of the type of thing you could see in the intro of Mass Effect 3, but in a live online game. Seeing in realtime an effect happen to the playable character (even if it was just a push from the shock wave) was cool. I see....ugh, there is no other set of words to use here... "the potential" of it. Will Bungie have the competence to pull it off 100% successfully (like they did with crosssave as I recall), in the future when the try this again? No idea. I don't blame you if ya answered with a big fat NO, as Bungie has burned a shit ton of trust as of late.

Wish 'em all the best when they try this sort of thing again. Just don't be late to the date there Bungo. It hurts the romance of the evening.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread