To add overall. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, June 08, 2020, 08:34 (1417 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think the idea of it not being announced beforehand was a good one. Since it took so long to 'wind up', word could spread naturally and people could just watch it unfold with no expectations. The fact that it was a missable event was already a given.

Not to mentioned they said that the time before the streaks were two part: technically difficulties and to let people filter in. I'm sure they were incredibly worried that they would get 1/4 of the amount people they wanted and then servers started burning.

I personally am annoyed when people say that Bungie just failed because they made a stupid event happen in their game and look at fortnight and their events. Fortnight is literally based around an event that happens in their word every week? month? I mean, it's like if fortnight did a campaign or a raid. And people are complaining about it because it's nothing like Destiny's. Of course it's not! It's a completely different game.

It's like a kid saying to his mom, "hey I learned to juggle! I've never done this before" And his mom just bashes him because the neighbor has been doing it with flaming pins. This is a technical achievement people. Did they do it with no hitches? Did they do it perfectly to people expectations? No to both.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread