Bungie Tweets: Aftermath (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 07, 2020, 09:50 (1391 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m with you. I’m glad to see them try new things. Hopefully it does lead to actually cool things. I guess I’m pessimistic enough to wonder if the effort would have been better spent on just about anything else.

I wonder though, are they just putting on a good face for their team and community, or do they really think they crushed it? I feel like I’ve wondered that a lot about this team and this game lately.

I think your pessimism is well earned at this point. Why did they work on this vanity(?) project stuff when there a base game that somehow still needs work, I get that. My speculative answer; This may have been a very public test of new tech for... future aspirational purposes. Hopefully for in-depth in-game story telling, like Bungie games used to have. Where wandering the world is the catalyst for such story moments to happen, and to react to.

It's a shame the repeated result of, be it by mistake or design, the actions Bungie have made results that counteract what ever face we are advertised to see. Even if it's the truth, we doubt it. Awful. The truth should not be lost in such a gray. I don't envy what Bungie will need to do for a solution to this, should they care to. Should that even hit the radar for something so international. And it's a shame that the good work that has been done is so deftly overshadowed by other less wise choices, but I suppose that's more a life thing isn't it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread