Again... (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, June 08, 2020, 14:53 (1418 days ago) @ Claude Errera

And you're absolutely right—doing this without announcements would've increased the number of people missing it. Not a lot of people sign on specifically for reset. Only reason I even check the daily updates is for Dawn mods I missed in case Banshee sells 'em.

But...surely, someone would've told you, right? I'm not talking about hunting Destiny streams or subscribing to DMG's tweets, but...word of mouth, chat stuff, heck even DBO here gave us updates throughout.

I genuinely believe that the 50 total minutes that I was suggesting, would be enough time for people to hear word, log on and access it, unless someone was asleep, at work or doing something more important; in which case they likely wouldn't have been able to access it in the first place.

I don't know if announcements were a deciding factor in the lukewarm response to this event, but I certainly know what was—the length.

There are at least three people in my clan who live in Australia or other parts of the world where reset is at an ungodly time for them. I know one of them (who of course said he wasn't going to on his day off) woke up for it. Now I heard from one of the big-name streamers that apparently Bungie weren't happy with the initial population of the Towers at the time of reset so they had pushed it back—at least that's what I heard. I landed about 10 minutes before reset. A friend of mine landed about an hour before. Some even earlier.

So the people who woke up at 3 in the morning had to wait until almost 5 for this to happen because it was late, because it was long, and because it was at a set time. While I think it was a very cool idea, it just wasn't executed as well as it could have been.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread