To add overall. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, June 08, 2020, 10:41 (1415 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's like a kid saying to his mom, "hey I learned to juggle! I've never done this before" And his mom just bashes him because the neighbor has been doing it with flaming pins. This is a technical achievement people. Did they do it with no hitches? Did they do it perfectly to people expectations? No to both.

I mean, Bungie is an AAA studio. They aren't a kid. If you went to clown school for 8 years and could only juggle balls, yet you were trying to compete with the best jugglers out there, then the response would be appropriate.

You are assuming they are trying to compete in live events. They are not. They are competing in a loot and shoot game and while most people consider the loot aspect not so great, in my opinion the shoot part is still top notch in the field. So as a AAA game studio I think they are doing a pretty good job. Just because a studio is AAA doesn't mean it has to be amazing at everything and not make mistakes.

Feel free to bring up all of their other "mistakes" and I will promptly ignore them as we are talking about live events.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread