To add overall. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 07, 2020, 10:13 (1412 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You’re not wrong. I just don’t buy that as being “good.” I’ve had lots of fun doing really mundane shit with my friends, just because it was with my friends. Destiny seems to rely on that too much, I think.

Seems easy to me.

Doing fun things with friends > doing mundane things with friends. The friends terms is the same either way. What the developers have control over is the activity. So try to make it as fun as possible.

This doesn't mean everything has to be omg awesome high octane all the time. The ebbs and flows of a raid where you have periods of activity and calm is really great. After you do a cool thing, you have a minute to reflect with your friends and decompress before moving onto something else. But the totality of the experience is awesome.

I enjoyed seeing the large ...15 or so in the tower?... random folks come together sharing the moment, which I have not seen before within Destiny. As I think of it, it's this one aspect that keeps my pessimism for the overall event at bay. If I hadn't, and all my focus was just on "the big boom" which took over two hours for me, as I was early, I would probably be in the same pessimistic view.

[image].

You can see some of what I mean through out the social media spaces, should you look. If you see such things, and you feel nothing to it, than... yeah, the boom was neat but this thing sucked. Which is awful! How do you make an explosion not fun! Is it really possible to bring those words together into a sentence!?... oh... wait... I guess so. ... WELL IT SHOULDN'T BE!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread