Not really (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, June 07, 2020, 11:07 (1419 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The strangest thing was that the event was not interactive. There’s zero reason to do it “in game” if you can’t really participate.

It WAS interactive. The view changed, depending on where you were.

Your view changes when you pick a different seat at Hamilton too. Doesn't make it interactive. And yes live theatre is mildly interactive because the performers can respond to the audience blah blah you get the point though.

Yep, I get it. Don't agree with you, but I get your point.

That's okay, though. I'm totally fine with having a different opinion than you do about this. I don't feel the need to try and convince you that I'm right, or that you're wrong, because the enjoyment of this particular event is subjective as hell. If you hated it, okay, they missed. If I enjoyed it, that's okay, too - it worked for me. (I mean, you weren't even there, so it seems idiotic that you'd try and argue about what it felt like... but that's a pretty Cody thing to do, so whatever.)

I like what this might mean, going forward. I like that they're thinking about removing barriers that they've said since 2013 that they've unhappily lived with because of tech constraints. I don't know that anything super-impressive will actually COME from this - but I'm hopeful.

I also understand that some people see this as frustrating, in that effort was put into something they didn't enjoy, and that effort might have been spent elsewhere, fixing known problems that bother them. I'm not sure how reasonable that particular frustration is, given that I can't think of a lot of major problems that could be fixed by the engineers that put this particular event together... but it's something to think about, at least.

In the end, it was an event. For the most part, it went off as expected (by those hosting it, anyway). We move on.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread