Not really (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, June 07, 2020, 12:45 (1409 days ago) @ Cody Miller

(I mean, you weren't even there, so it seems idiotic that you'd try and argue about what it felt like... but that's a pretty Cody thing to do, so whatever.)

No, but I played Destiny for just over 4 years. I am quite familiar with it, and can easily imagine what it would have been like to log in myself to watch. I've been to the tower hundreds of times before.

This is different that anything I'd have to say about something like sunsetting, because I gave up when the season pass thing started.

Okay, fair enough. It came off to me like people who say "why go to a sporting event when I can watch it on TV? It's way better, I can actually see what's happening!"

But you're right, you DID play Destiny for a while, and although there's never really been an event like this (I thought it was pretty damned cool to tune into Gladd's Twitch channel and see that he was seeing the same thing I was seeing), it's not THAT different from stuff you've done.

Still, that was a throwaway comment; my main point was that the appreciation of this event is pretty personal, and I'm not going to try and change the mind of anyone who has a different opinion than I do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread