"...we walked uphill in the snow both ways..." (Destiny)

by Jabberwok, Monday, July 07, 2014, 12:50 (3578 days ago) @ petetheduck

I don't mean to be this kind of person, but imagine how some of us felt back around 2000 when Bungie, the Mac developer (who also ported to PC), was bought by Microsoft and announced Halo would ONLY appear on Xbox. I bought a brand new Xbox when it was released by borrowing the money from a friend, something I never would have done otherwise. Now Bungie is able to branch out for the first time in over a decade, and I have to say that I don't have much sympathy for upset Xbox owners, even though I own two of them myself.

Bungie is not Xbox, the two things are not parts of the same whole. If you feel betrayed for some reason, you're certainly entitled to voice it, but things could be worse, and things WERE worse, so I don't see what the big deal is. I assume you have a 360, so you can play this game without buying any new hardware if you don't want to, whether it's an Xbox, a Playstation, or even just a better graphics card for your computer. Stand back and ask how much you really have to complain about.

So what I really mean to say is: "Why, back in MY day...."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread