Thank you for being reasonable. (Destiny)

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 15:48 (3570 days ago) @ petetheduck

Stephen's comments can be interpreted exactly as Avateur said, although maybe that's not how he meant it. Or maybe it is. It just comes off, to me, like he's acting like he's above the whole situation and those involved in discussing it.

"Hey, everyone should have seen this coming, it's your fault for not being accommodating to Bungivision's garbage, I don't even know why you want all this stuff that I'm getting and you aren't."

Lack of content parity isn't something to ignore or justify on behalf of the publisher/developer--it's just bad. Whether it's platform exclusives or pre-order bonuses, it's just bad.

So far, all of the content seems to be timed, which is good--the situation could be much worse. But it could also be much better. It should be much better.

I don't mean to belittle the significance of the timed exclusives. Just try to put this in perspective. The thing is, it HAS been much worse for almost fifteen years. Up to this point it's been impossible to be a Bungie fan if not through Microsoft's platform of choice. Now, every major console is getting a piece of the action. Yes, it should be better. Exclusives suck. Make some noise. As a Bungie fan, I would be disappointed to own an Xbox One. Still, it's hard for me to look back on the Microsoft era and say this isn't an improvement, but I suppose that just sounds like I'm being an apologist for the current state of the industry.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread