Thank you for being reasonable. (Destiny)

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 22:57 (3578 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Stephen Laughlin, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 23:03

Certainly nobody bought a PS4 for the Alpha, because they didn't know to do so.

True story:

Duncan, mastrbiggy, Cody Miller, a friend of biggy's and I were sitting around biggy's back yard on Sunday, before E3. Biggy found out that the Alpha would be available during the show - and got up from the table (I'm not sure we'd even finished eating our burgers yet) and went out and bought a PS4.

Literally bought a PS4 for the Alpha, within minutes of finding out it was coming.

So while that's probably not the most COMMON reaction, it certainly happened. In fact, it happened to people you know. (Well, have communicated with on a forum on the internet.)

This is precisely what I did as well...just went straight out to Best Buy and brought home a PS4 as soon as I was positive I'd be able to get a code for the Alpha, the day before it went public.

Honestly, Bungie is the only reason I'm still buying new consoles. I would never have purchased an Xbox or 360 were it not for Halo. The purchase was simple once it was obvious Bungie was leaning more toward the PS4.

Still, I don't think I'd be dissatisfied if I was an Xbox One owner. It's just some extra timed bullshit. I could see being upset if I went out and specifically bought an Xbox One for Destiny. But why would anyone do that? Bungie's been conspicuously leaning toward the PS4 in all the marketing from day one.

Look how far we've come. If you were a Bungie fan on a PS2 or PS3 at any point in the last decade, you were fucked [unless you REALLY loved Oni]. You could not play Halo, period. They've been releasing games on Microsoft consoles for over ten years. Now, Destiny is being simultaneously released on every major console with a few tiny caveats and people are in a goddamn uproar! Really?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread