Entitlement. (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, July 07, 2014, 18:51 (3552 days ago) @ petetheduck

Bungie loves their community, even if it needs its diapers changed every once in a while... But you're not inviting conversation with all of this negativity.

Oh, and you're inviting conversation by telling us to get over ourselves? You own a Playstation 4, you played the Alpha, you're getting the full Destiny experience on time, and here you're telling me get over myself?

Expecting equal treatment by a company that you financially supported for a decade isn't entitlement.

Yes, it is. It is the very definition of entitlement.

Those financial transactions were quid pro quo-- you gave them money, they gave you games. If you were smart, you bought those games for platforms you owned so you could play them.

No past financial transaction for any game made then for a platform you owned then has any bearing whatsoever on whatever games Bungie chooses to make now and sell now for platforms you may or may not own.

To expect otherwise is entitlement. We are not Bungie shareholders. We are not Bungie investors. We are not Bungie employees.

Those transactions were not loans. They were not charitable donations. They were not purchases of shares. They were purchases of games.

We are Bungie fans. If you're having your metal bent by the idea of Bungie making a game for a platform you don't own and don't intend to own-- and that is NOT the case here since Destiny is not an exclusive-- then what you're really saying is that your fandom was-- is-- contingent on what platform Bungie offers its games on.

Can't afford or justify the purchase of a PS4? Too bad. I can't either, I'll be playing Destiny on my Xbox 360 like a lot of people, but I don't expect special treatment because of other games I used to play, or even treatment equal to those who are buying a new console-- since when does anybody get that?

Too expensive? Perhaps. It's an expensive hobby.

Do you remember a time when to get the best experience out of a Bungie game you had to buy a new $2000 computer? Because I do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread