Xbox players butthurt thread, check in here (Destiny)

by ChanningC, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 21:47 (3571 days ago) @ petetheduck

Totally agreed. If I hadn't pre-ordered, I wouldn't have bought it. They talked about wanting this game to last TEN YEARS, and they're already screwing the XBOX users before it's even released. Ten years of getting the shaft? I would rather not. This game looks beautiful, the gameplay looks amazing, and the story (the released parts, anyhow) sound intriguing and not half-assed. I'm sure it will be amazing. The problem lies in the fact that a major game like this is giving any preferential treatment at all. This exclusive content, exclusive releases, etc. are going to ruin gaming as developers become more focused on how to draw in cash for a specific system for the kick-back. Gaming is a culture, a fairly new and still developing culture. It's brought people and nations together for friendly competition, allowed outlets for anger and frustration in a world where such acts are not acceptable, told stories and legends that will live forever, and changed the lives of anyone who can let themselves get lost in a story world. Gaming has brought people together, but if we're not careful, this can all get lost in a battle for money. If we're not careful, the XBOX vs PS tradition that developers are breeding will be the end of good games. Then we'll be stuck with WiiU and Mario Party.

It may not be much, but it's the best we can do Petition for Equality

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty." — George Washington, September 19, 1796

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread