Thank you for being reasonable. (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 17:37 (3578 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The other thing is: Why would you even want to appear unbiased? I could see arguing that people should pick the best platform for the best rewards. I can see arguing the opposite, that the industry is broken by exclusives. But arguing: "Meh, whatevers." just seems kinda odd. It kinda feels like taking a neutral position is an attempt to criticize others without having to accept or respond to any criticism directed back at yourself. It's like saying "You're wrong, but I have no opinion on the matter so you can't say I'm wrong."

Not a matter of appearances, honestly. I like the arguing for one or the other. I like seeing that play out in this thread without belittlement, brushing aside, condescending, name calling, or disregarding how people are feeling on the subject. That's all I've been calling out.

Well, I think having no opinion in all of this is wrong. As is having an opinion but refusing to share it just so you can remain above the fray. Personally, I think the fray is kinda fun even if we (myself very very much included here) sometimes make mistakes and have to take some flack for them.

As for where I stand, believe it or not I really am in a "whatevers" grouping. I really don't have an opinion. If you think that's wrong, well that's totally cool with me. For the first time since 2000, nothing Bungie does will decide my console purchase. This Beta thing, the DLC or time-restricted content (which I've readily said is total trash) will not impact whether I go for Xbox One or PS4. Both sides have valid points. Both sides have expressed a ridiculous level of "love" or "hate" for whatever. One side has been far more rude and dismissive of it, which leads to conversations like this even occurring instead of constructive ones about what Activision or Bungie or someone should do or what people would like them to do, vs. "well gee Bungie has made it so totally obvious beyond forever that the Sony route is the route, and if you didn't realize that, well how dare you be upset, I mean gosh really oh em gee diaper." lol

I also haven't claimed that anyone is inherently wrong. I've actually said the opposite. People have a right to think that pete, yours, or others' reactions were totally ridiculous. They can then state why without being totally dismissive and without name calling or acting like the people upset are stupid for somehow lacking foresight in their purchasing decisions (see Narcogen's post for a really good example of a really good post in my opinion). That's all I'm getting at. Just because I may have some interesting translations for how I view what someone who bought a PS4 is saying doesn't mean I disagree with their premise.

That's all, in this case. I know you've read my HBO posts. I'm really, really good at biased opinion making and hyperbole. I'm definitely not always the cooler head, that's for sure. That's not the case here, and I really don't have an opinion of my own regarding this Beta stuff in general other than, "Some of you are mad, some of you aren't, how about the people who aren't don't attack the people who are. Just tell them why you disagree, passionately even and with hyperbole because fun, and then let's have an awesome discussion or debate. Thanks."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread