Thank you for being reasonable. (Destiny)

by Jabberwok, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 01:32 (3552 days ago) @ car15

The exclusives don't bother me. It's the lackadaisical way Bungie has gone about announcing them that does.

If Bungie wants to fellate Sony, that's fine with me, but they should have been up front with their fan base from the beginning instead of saving these exclusivity announcements for big reveals months away from launch. I already bought an Xbox One thinking that I would be able to play the same content as PS4 owners. I'm only now finding out that won't actually be the case. That's not fair to me as a customer when I've already made an investment in Microsoft's system.

First off, I think your fellatio metaphor waayy overstates what is actually happening here.

Second, I agree about transparency. That's the one thing that I miss from Bungie, but it seems that a part of their current deal, and maybe just their position near the top of the industry, is that they have less control than ever over what information they can release to us and when. It seems to be a sad reality of the way most or all AAA developers have to do things. When you have two consoles made by unbelievably massive corporations whose products may sink or float depending on what information is released about a certain video game, I don't think there is much to be done about it.

You can't make a deal that involves this much cash without dealing with some variety of devil, IMO.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread