When death is of no consequence, there is no challenge. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:20 (3566 days ago) @ RC

The numbers aren't accurate, but yes it's a thing. Armour pieces with 'dexterity' reduced your grenade cooldown and armour pieces with 'strength' reduced your melee cooldown. Armour pieces that have 'intellect' can reduce your super cooldown too - but there were no such pieces available in the Beta.

One thing that I saw but haven't seen talked about was how much dicipline or strength or dexterity could affect those cooldowns. If you hovered your cursor over the numbers beside each stat you'd get a description of what it affected but below that you'd get a percentage meter. Even at level 8 I was at 100% on my Titan's dexterity. My gut instinct is that the most you can affect those cooldowns is by 100% no matter what gear you have, and no matter what level you are. So, if grenades came back in 30 second by default the fastest you'd ever get is 15 seconds.

Of course, that's not counting what your gun does for you. My shotgun for sure reduced grenade cool down which I thought was neat. It meant if I could defend a point I would be significantly closer to having everything recharged to defend it again next time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread