When death is of no consequence, there is no challenge. (Destiny)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Monday, August 11, 2014, 17:44 (3565 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Uh, if anything it seems that Destiny is MORE unforgiving to new players, since map knowledge is so crucial given the importance of sight lines and positioning.

Lolwut? You need to (or at least should) know all of that in Halo. Then you should also know:

Weapon spawns (you spawn with yours in Destiny)

Weapon timers (same)

Trick jumps (jetpack/doublejump makes everywhere a trick jump)

Grenade bounces (I'd give this to Destiny, but every time I tried bouncing a nade, it exploded on the wall or ceiling I tried bouncing off of)

Remember how many shots to kill (I can tell you how many shots every percision weapon took to kill in Halo. Everything in Destiny kills to quickly for that to matter)

Callouts, for randoms. Fireteams can absolutely use them in Destiny, though.(Since you can only talk to people in your fireteam, meaning randoms have no use for them)

There's probably more I can't think of at the moment, but you get the gist of it.

Not having to remember much, or put much effort into a kill, is what makes it more accessible to new or bad players.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread