Vidmasters (Destiny)

by yakaman, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 09:56 (3565 days ago) @ Avateur

And this has been what I've been saying for days, and what Snipe has been saying, and now what Bones is saying, and what you covered a long time ago. Yet there seems to be confusion by this thought process. The thought process is that the game (or at least the Beta) feels like the game/Bungie is handing it all to us because Bungie just wants everyone to feel like they've accomplished something. It doesn't feel like anything requires any real skill. It gets really boring. It's just too easy. There's no real failure or feeling of defeat (mostly in Story mode).

Yes, just a Beta, I know. I seriously hope the actual game provides some real challenges.

Beta - yes. It's seems unlikely to me that they'd have a ridiculous challenge in a beta, and that what we got was a pretty vanilla sampling of mission and challenges.

What seems likely to me is that a lot of content will be pretty easy for you guys - but remember, you probably represent the 95th percentile of player skill. I would expect there to be places that are ridiculous, places that are unforgiving and where only the best dare to tread. I expect completion of these to be badges of honor, with brilliant, exclusive swag.

Somewhat like the Vidmaster challenges. Maybe some platforming and speed-runs, maybe some huge number of enemies, or enemies that are terribly difficult in some way. I think the platforming would be relatively easy to deliver, but difficult bosses is another story.

I think we have to wait and see. I know that's hard and people hate it, but...what else can we do?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread