And Bounties (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, August 11, 2014, 06:33 (3566 days ago) @ Malagate

That penalties for dying could just be done behind the scenes?

Very little could be changed, but the feeling of having something at stake could be leveraged just by giving some kind of chance multiplier for better loot.

In a given mission/encounter/Crucible match, what-have-you, there could simply be a multiplier you start with that vastly increases the chance for rare drops. If you die a single time, that multiplier gets cut in half, or even more. The more times you die, the closer to normal whites your loot drops will get.

Given that the game's ultimate rewards are going to be specialized loot, only the very best players that survive (or teams that work extremely well to manage threats) will tend to earn it. I think that's fair.

And forget behind the scenes, even. Some kind of HUD indicator would be a nice reminder of that fragile no-deaths state. And as the deaths rack up, the indicator could change along with the strength of the chance multiplier.

~m

I'm betting that there will be some really amazing bounties tied to not dying.

I love that we're debating how difficult this game will be when we know there are going to be Raids that put us in our place repeatedly alongside end game strikes and nightfall missions.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread