When death is of little consequence (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:42 (3566 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Avateur, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 20:58

They've used the term matchmaking all over the place. Even in the Destiny UI the words beside the Finding Guardians spinner sometimes would say something like Evaluating Guardians. It'd be a massive story if PvP weren't matchmade. It being in seems like a basic part a Bungie game to me for, you know, the past decade...

Not trying to be mean and strictly playing devil's advocate, but I find it funny that people (in this case, you) are willing to point out things from the past decade or Bungie's previous games, but as soon as someone else compares Destiny to Halo in a way that people don't like, you get Halo =/= Destiny. Lmao.

I get the feeling you all are right about a matchmaking component being in play to try and match up based on skill, but I'm having a very hard time believing it will be in there or that it will work well considering that half of this doesn't take skill. It's all based on gear, how many friends you went in with to coordinate with, and who saw whom first. More luck and timing than anything, really. Or is the skill in being better at seeing someone before they see you, and potentially having better gear? lol

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread