Vidmasters (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 12:32 (3564 days ago) @ yakaman
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 12:36

What seems likely to me is that a lot of content will be pretty easy for you guys - but remember, you probably represent the 95th percentile of player skill. I would expect there to be places that are ridiculous, places that are unforgiving and where only the best dare to tread. I expect completion of these to be badges of honor, with brilliant, exclusive swag.

But that is why things such as difficulty levels exist. Every story mission in Halo that I undertake I can tailor the challenge to my skill.

In Destiny, it appears that you have to be higher level to tackle the tougher challenges, because of damage reduction as enemies level up. Ten levels up and you do no damage. That means you are stuck trying to get gear with light if you even want to ATTEMPT anything above level 22 or so. Vault of glass is level 27. That means if you are level 20, you have a 70% damage reduction on average to enemies there. The vault of glass is supposed to be the super challenging stuff, so why lock it behind a grind for light gear?

I should not have to earn the right or ability to play on Hard mode. I have a feeling all the really hard stuff is going to be behind a grind wall, rather than just a flip of a difficulty setting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread