Why I'm leaving. (Destiny)

by car15, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:11 (3524 days ago) @ rliebherr
edited by car15, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:16

I'd rather not discuss the loot cave thread in any great detail as the moderators have made it pretty clear that we aren't to start that shit storm back up again. And for the record, I agree that it got way out of hand and that I was out of line in my tone.

But not in my point.

What sparked the argument in my mind was the comment from a certain user gloating about griefing other players. The notion that any one of us has the authority to enforce the "correct" way to play this game. It's one thing to talk/complain about it here. It's quite another to actually go out into the game world and screw with other players for enjoyment. The comment got to me, particularly after several other people saw nothing wrong with it and even congratulated it.

Destiny. The anti-social social game.

At any rate, I will continue to reply to this thread for the time being, but I am not allowing myself to post anywhere else, so my opinion will remain confined here from this point forward, and as ridiculous as it sounds, I honestly believe this game affects my mood and makes me more confrontational. Notice I wasn't this way before it came out.

I'm not blaming the game, but it's another good reason for me to stop playing and move on.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread