Got Bandwidth? (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 10:08 (3524 days ago) @ bluerunner

We were playing over Xbox live with no problem at our cabin last time.

That's not entirely accurate.

We didn't play as a group online, nor invite any outside gamers that weekend. What we did, was essentially all "check in" to XBL, but played via system link. This allowed everyone to use their GT, to be seen online, however we were not sending 16 players worth of actual gameplay data out to the internet and back to the cabin.

The XBONE will require that check in then you can system link, so you should be OK for the MCC in the future. Theoretically. We know it worked for us on the 360s.

Where Destiny differs, and has yet to be seen, is if one home grade connection can handle 16 unique clients and the content that destiny requires. Personally, unless you've got somewhere in mind with a big pipe, up AND down, I don't think a Destiny LAN is gonna work well.

Won't know till we try! XBONERS VS PISSFOURS, bring it.

Invites depend on what you pay me.

Red, in order to level up your rep with the Blue faction leader, you'll need to complete some bounties to harvest the tears of a foul creature known as Bones. It will be a test of your skills, but the rewards I hear are moon pies and RC cola ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread