Why I'm leaving. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 12:03 (3524 days ago) @ car15

What sparked the argument in my mind was the comment from a certain user gloating about griefing other players. The notion that any one of us has the authority to enforce the "correct" way to play this game. It's one thing to talk/complain about it here. It's quite another to actually go out into the game world and screw with other players for enjoyment. The comment got to me, particularly after several other people saw nothing wrong with it and even congratulated it.

Destiny. The anti-social social game.

My hope is that a full reading of what I said about this makes it clear that gloating and enjoyment were not my motivating factors. I did attempt to be funny about it a few times in later posts and that may have fallen flat, at least for you. I also can't help but feel that since we've disagreed before, there was something of a tripwire that was tripped for you, which is unfortunate. I suspect that you've not gotten the validation you wanted here, and I've been there, believe me. I know a lot of people here, but I didn't always. It's easier to assume the best of someone you know, and it follows that it's easy for you to assume the worst of me. Fortunately for me, several people here know I'm not a troll, that that's not my thing, and gave me the benefit of a doubt. Others took me to task, but were respectful about it. The latter is key, regardless of whether you've been here 20 years or two hours. I make mistakes, misjudgments, and later get defensive about them (until I don't), and maybe I shouldn't have sat in that cave, but most of all it saddens me if you are leaving here because of anything to do with me.

I wish you the best.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread