Borederlands. (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 03:59 (3523 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

I honestly don't get the objection about the repetition. As a mostly campaign-only player, all there ever was, was repetition. Any variations you had to add yourself-- change difficulty level, change approach. The skulls gave more precise control but didn't actually add content.

I think the problem is most people (including myself) are comparing Destinys single player with games like borderlands which has far far too many missions for me to even remember and such a massive world to explore.

I can see the comparison, but to be honest, while I'm enjoying Destiny, I loathed Borderlands. I call it the worst game I ever finished.

Everything the worst critics of Destiny are saying about it now, are how I felt about Borderlands. The core mechanic hooked me well enough to make me continue playing until the end, always looking forward to more, and ultimately it was a huge letdown. I didn't really like its style, its sense of humor, the story, or... anything about it. For me, it was the grindfest others say Destiny is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread