Thank the Nine Divines... (Destiny)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 13:40 (3522 days ago) @ Kermit

Well, good. This is all new to me, so I'm thinking of solutions without having a lot of experience with similar games. You did catch the part about it being a limited window, though, right?

I didn't consider it that closely, I confess, having been horrified by tales of folks farming/gaming the D3 auction house and thereby breaking the game's economy.

I think keeping everyone's loot separate is actually the right decision; keeps the munchkinism down, nearly eliminates the "Chinese gold farm" problem, lets Bungie fix game economy problems without huge disruptions. The problem (IMO) is how the end-game focuses on loot but the loot system offers so many false cues that lead to disappointment.

-- Steve'd be much happier if Engrams always decoded to their respective rarities*, even if that meant reducing the drop rate for Legendaries.

* Or to upgrade materials of comparable value; doesn't always have to be weapons or armour.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread