Facepalm (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:53 (3315 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Our challenge was to provide an increase in storage that fit within the memory constraints that limit how many items can be displayed on one screen.

Why are they even trying to fit it on one screen? If that's where the memory problems are manifesting, they should just HAVE MORE THAN ONE SCREEN.

I agree in that it seems like breaking it up into multiple screens certainly could solve the problem, but they didn't put it on mutliple screens, and I'm sure they did so for what they believed was a very good reason. My guesses are:

1- they can't add new tabs (I doubt this, but maybe, the new faction rep ... popup(?) feels very 'tacked on' to me)
2- it wouldn't really save any RAM (perhaps they can't load/unload content between tabs)
3- perhaps loading/unloading content between tabs is really really slow
4- They're concerned people won't understand where their gear went when it's been moved to a different screen

I guess my point is, that solution seems obvious, so there must be a good reason they didn't do it, we just don't know what that reason is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread