Facepalm (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 27, 2015, 20:10 (3310 days ago) @ RC

There are 60 slots now, so we know 60 items can be displayed on a screen. So, have multiple screens with 60 slots each. Boom. Done.

This is a short-sighted extension to the existing paradigm. What is needed is a different storage paradigm altogether - since passing items through the vault to different characters is the problem.

Rather than expending too much development time bashing the current paradigm into something much bigger and more complicated, they're offering a stop-gap through House of Wolves while they work on something that is fundamentally better.

We know there are a bunch of players in the world who don’t have enough space for Armor and General items. We’ll have a solution for you in the future.

This seems like a reasonable choice to me. But of course I actually know a thing or two about software development and have the awareness necessary to realise that my first idea is not always the best one.

/frustration

I guess in May / June we'll have our answer. Looking forward.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread