Here's just one of many Google results (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, March 28, 2015, 14:28 (3317 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You consider a trailer made for E3 to be a promise of content that will appear in the final product?

If you're talking about the Halo 2 E3 trailer, I think that's different. Not that I agree with him in that the LIED, but it's not the same. The Halo 2 E3 2003 space is not in the game exactly, but you have the opening cutscene to Outskirts with a lot of the same dialog, you DO go to and fight on Earth, you can dual wield, you can ride in the warthog, you can board vehicles, etc. I think everything that was in the trailer they delivered on, just in a different form.

Now I'm not saying Bungie lied. The story can change. The fact that there is a tons of story related stuff in out of the wild that didn't come to pass is irrelevant. What's different is that I think we were all led to believe the scope of the game would be different. I think we were all led to believe that there would be more to do in the end game than there was. Very close to release, Bungie said the game "Started at level 20". It doesn't. The only new thing you could do above level 20 was the vault of glass. At 20, you had done all the missions and strikes. So when I hit 20 that first day and saw nothing to do but grind for the raid, I was very disappointed.

We were also misled about the scope of the game. Hence the collective disappointment when it was revealed there was one area per planet. I was told the Alpha was <5% of the game. That's clearly untrue.

Bungie didn't lie, they just got wrapped up in hype and over promised and under delivered.

But, I'm still here right? I like a lot of what we got. We got some bad stuff too, but ultimately I do want more, which is probably the greatest compliment right there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread