And I counter-quote with this (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, March 27, 2015, 23:45 (3317 days ago) @ Earendil

May I seriously suggest that you not even play HoW, and save whatever forgiveness you have left and play HoW just before Comet. You'll have given the burn-out a good chance of subsiding, have all the updates between now and then, and miss none of the content you paid for. You might enjoy it more, even if you don't decide to dive into Comet.

I'm sorry I upset you so. Please realize that just as I won't be able to convince you not to have fun, you can't talk me into enjoying my Destiny experience either.

And here's the thing: I want the game to be good. The game could be good. The *feel* of it is amazing. Running, jumping, shooting - all great! Amazing! The lore of the Destiny world is expansive and fascinating! But the actual experience of the world is repetitive to a major fault. Depressingly so.

This combination is, unfortunately, why I frequent these forums. I like some parts of the game a LOT. Other parts need major work. Generally everyone here is up for reasonable discussion, which is wonderful.

HoW is going to add *something* to the game that will be new, and I'll enjoy the hell out of it the first time through. I don't know why you think waiting to play that until none of my friends are interested in running it because they've done it 20 times is a good idea, but it's not. It's a terrible idea. I'd rather play HoW and then be done with the game, which is what I'm planning on doing.

Also, you (and a few others) keep talking about the Comet like it's going to be some sort of godsend miracle fix to the problems with the game, but do you even know what the Comet is? I sure as hell don't. Has Bungie even confirmed that the Comet is a Thing? I should start a new thread about that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread