Update's Up! (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:20 (3316 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by General Vagueness, Monday, March 30, 2015, 19:34

I thought it would be clear by now, but maybe it's not: I don't want just a general sense of whether to use a weapon or not, I want to know which one is the best choice. If the bars made that completely unambiguous I wouldn't be complaining.

Actual numbers would not make it any less ambiguous as to the "best" choice. In case you didn't know, most guns have similar DPS across their archetypes, and across the primaries. On paper they are all the same essentially, except for certain exotics. The "best" choice is whatever you prefer; something you do not know until you go shoot stuff with the gun.

I know what I prefer. I prefer high impact and/or fast reload. Currently, estimating reload times is a crap shoot, and I can't tell what has high impact outside of hand cannons and kind of shotguns, and that's only because I've spent a lot of time looking at impact bars for them, and have seen numbers for the actual impact bars in the case of hand cannons. Having numbers would tell me "hey, you'll like this gun", without me having to possibly buy and possibly level up that gun and then test it.

To counter your argument about the number of shots it takes, that doesn't account for switching weapons, or for using grenades or melees-- and melees are extremely relevant to me as a Hunter.

For your recurring argument about immersion, the point is to be able to look, make a decision, and then move on with the actual game. Maybe not being sure what you're getting increases immersion for you, but for me it causes worry (which is realistic, but not enjoyable).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread