Bad communication. That's all this boils down to. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 16:42 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Bungie has absolutely not learned from their mistakes. When they talked about it on the Starside Lounge, I actually laughed out loud at the pure optimism displayed in thinking they'd deliver even two or three full story missions.

I haven't played it, but I'm sure the quest is fine. Like you said, it's a new twenty minutes worth of something to do. It's probably not even worth mentioning in the marketing though.

Eve the PoE update, while arguably decently significant and pretty cool, isn't worth all the fanfare they gave it. Giving it three streams and all the hype and expectations along with it makes this update seem like a much, much bigger event than it even comes close to approaching.

The way Bungie is marketing these things is making it an absolute guarantee that people will be disappointed. It's like they're doing it on purpose for some stupid reason. I have a hard time believing that they could be so out of touch as to think their current strategy is making anyone feel good.

Maybe it really is only about money, and if their hype machine brought only a small percentage of the population back to buy some Silver, they're getting what they want, and screw actually making people feel good about playing. That's cynical, more so than I'd like to believe, but they're making it awfully hard for me to believe anything else.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread