Best update yet purely for comedy. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 16:43 (3090 days ago) @ Funkmon

And speaking for myself, I'd prefer you add nothing, rather than more filler content like this new "quest".

I think you're strange.

[image]

;p

Personally:

The quest is great if only for the comedy factor. We had a lot of laughs playing it.

So this all sounds hilarious, but that's just because you are playing with great people. I would much rather play a well-made activity with friends so I can enjoy the company AND the game I'm playing :)

In my opinion, if you're still playing Destiny, you accept some of Destiny's wonkiness.

Not how I see it at all. I don't accept crappy content, free or not. This quest goes so far that I actually find it a little insulting, and also concerning. Everything Bungie releases is a statement from them. They are saying "we think this is good enough for you".

You stay for the gunplay and cooperative campaign, but half the fun is ridicule of it. Even Ghost gets in on the action a bit.

I'd really love to see the game take itself a bit less seriously. I love it when the characters play into the silliness of everything a bit more intentionally.

If you can bring yourself to lovingly ridicule the game instead of bitch about it, you'll be fine. I'm still going to complain every time they nerf something I like, but I can find a lot of enjoyment in this update because we didn't pay for it.

I can lovingly ridicule "It came from the moon" because it is funny and silly and playful in a way that I enjoy. I can't lovingly ridicule the actual gameplay content itself, because if that part of the game isn't good, then what am I playing it for? And I think I covered my thoughts about it being free in my OP :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread