Perfectly Sized Update (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Thursday, April 14, 2016, 14:40 (3089 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

First of all, I live in Toronto... the weather here is not so good at the moment ;p

I'm in southeast Michigan, so it wasn't too different. By beautiful I really meant, "at least 50 degrees (F) and sort of sunny."

2nd, you're assuming I don't already do other stuff :) I say this lightheartedly; but saying "if you don't like it, go outside" isn't exactly the most constructive line of conversation, is it :)

Yes, and I was actually trying make a more subtle point than that, but failed. I love outdoor activities, and spend a lot of my summer visiting amusement parks and playing games and sports outside. But, I also really love playing Destiny. I find both of those types of fun activities to be equally valid ways of spending time, but the difference is that having fun playing Destiny is way easier to do. You don't have to plan, you don't have to drive anywhere, you don't really get tired. And it can be really hard to resist just doing the easy thing that's just as fun. Do I put a bunch of effort into convincing my friends to meet up at a bar on a Friday night, or do I just sign up for this FTB Trials event and play Destiny all night? I'll have a great time either way, but when one thing starts happening way more than the other one...it's important to try to keep a balance.

Do I understand the disappointment in what the update ended up being? Yeah, I can see why people are a little confused and upset. I'm not especially happy with the Crucible changes. But for now, this seems like a great time for Destiny's gravitational pull on me to be reduced for a few months. That's the point of view I was trying to share.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread