Perfectly Sized Update (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, April 17, 2016, 22:57 (3086 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Very thoughtful post, Cruel. We agree on a many things. I'm not very competitive, but the social aspect of Destiny is a big part of why I play. Not only to play with many friends I've made on bungie.org over the years, but Destiny provided the first real opportunity to play with two of my best friends who I've known since before I ever played a Bungie game (that's a long time ago, folks). It's why I try to keep characters leveled on two platforms.

Destiny is weird. I want the story to grab me, but I swear it's a bit of a relief that that aspect doesn't engage me like I assumed it would. I don't need more reasons to play. Balance is hard to find in life, but your role as father is probably the most important role you'll ever have. Cherish that. I also know that you have artistic ambitions, and speaking as someone with similar goals, the Raga solution has crossed my mind. I try to pay attention and make sure I have good reasons to play Destiny. I will never again try to keep six characters leveled up. I may not even keep two by the time we get to year 10. There are other prizes to keep my eye on.

Kermit

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread