Perfectly Sized Update (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 14, 2016, 15:00 (3089 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's getting beautiful outside in my part of the country. If you are disappointed with not having enough to do in Destiny, I totally suggest (non-facetiously) that you try to get some fresh air instead.

First of all, I live in Toronto... the weather here is not so good at the moment ;p

2nd, you're assuming I don't already do other stuff :) I say this lightheartedly; but saying "if you don't like it, go outside" isn't exactly the most constructive line of conversation, is it :) I've got more than my share on my plate these days (as I'm sure many of us do). I don't think it's bad or unfair to expect more from our video games (or movies, or books, or tv, whatever). Some people can just play a game or watch TV and say to themselves "I'm not completely bored, so this must be good!". I'm not one of those people. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I just can't help but think about all the time and effort that goes into a release like this, all the excitement and hope from fans (even while keeping expectations in check). And I look at the final product and can't help but feel "this really should be better, coming from Bungie". It's not a big deal at all. That's just how I feel about it, and I share those thoughts. Maybe I shouldn't ;p

I appreciate your post and squid's. I'll say this, though. If Bungie fails in making Destiny compelling enough to be my daily hobby that's a good thing in my book. Life is short. I don't want Destiny to be my daily hobby. I've got other games I want to play for one thing, but beyond that, other, dare I say, more important things to do. As does everyone, I assume.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread