The problem is that Bungie's put into a bit of a predicament (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 20:40 (3090 days ago) @ Cody Miller

All good points.

To me, the biggest problem with this update is that the 1 thing they stayed fairly quiet about, the quest, is so insignificant that it can barely be considered "content". They didn't keep it mysterious so that we'd have fun digging into it ourselves, they stayed quiet because there is no way they could have told us anything without revealing how pathetically minimal it is. It feels like lying-by-omission to me.

You need to temper your expectations a bit. Prior to Destiny's release, I expected much more because it was being hyped as such, and because the game had been in development for 4 years. There wasn't any indication it couldn't happen.

Now we know the tools have major problems and content creation is simply very difficult for them. We also know that it is in general time consuming and hard to make FPS content anyway. It's not possible for really cool new stuff unless it is worked on for a long time and you pay for it. The game is also set up in such a way that generally precludes long involved story missions.

78 days and counting, and I couldn't be happier about my decision. I don't know about everybody else, but I really feel in my case that stepping away then coming back when we get a large drop is going to make me more fond of the game and more willing to play it.

And yet, earlier you were lamenting that by the time you experience the content in the fall, it wouldn't be fresh or relevant (though as was mentioned, the less-relevant content is still played). Destiny is a game where the ideal rate to consume content is as it is delivered. It will simply NOT be a game where a ton of content is released in one go and it remains fresh for months on end. Especially not with such a small live team handling a product that (as you said) is difficult to make content for either way.
If you're going around repeatedly telling everyone how happy you are that you're not playing Destiny, it comes off as an anxiety that you're missing out on stuff, not that you can't wait to experience it all in the fall. If that were the case, you just wouldn't be talking about it.
Just a thought...

But yes, lower those grand expectations (heck, I'm not expecting Warframe to blow my mind again for a good long while, and they have yet to disappoint with an update. Bungie's track record is... Not as great.).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread