You're wrong and you should feel bad ;p (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 16:57 (3090 days ago) @ Funkmon

In what universe can that possibly be considered a good quest? Is the mission well designed? Are the objectives fun or interesting? Is the story compelling or entertaining in any way? Does it do anything at all that we haven't done a million times already in the same locations?

Destiny's core gameplay is fun as heck. But this quest does nothing to justify its inclusion in the game. It does absolutely nothing above the usual Patrol experiences aside from the boss at the end of the strike.

As I said in my OP, I actually enjoyed the strike. It's not great, but I think the sheer number of low-level enemies they throw at you is kind of fun in the same way The Abyss can be lots of fun (although The Abyss is way more exciting). But the quest is so bad that it actually deflates the experience for me. Worse than that is the level of hype Bungie tried to build in anticipation of it.

If the quest had just appeared as an icon in the director with no mention or fanfare from Bungie, I would have played it, rolled my eyes, and never thought about it again. But the level of marketing geared around this update feels completely unnecessary to me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread