Either less more often, or more less often. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 14, 2016, 14:39 (3089 days ago) @ narcogen

Confession: I kind of find the streams (at least the hype-centered ones) boring. I don't really want to know much about what's coming.

I'd like an approach that treated Destiny more like a place that's alive--where things happen that you don't see coming (except perhaps for hints and teasers that seem to come from within the universe) rather than Destiny the Game, this year's model on the car lot (which is better than last year's model because of x and y bullet points), with DeeJ often having the unfortunate job of company sign spinner.

Of course this approach requires a long view, a plan, seeds planted early, and the patience to see them sprout. It might also require the mighty Oz aka Bungie to stay behind the curtain more often. I still like to think Bungie does have a plan and seeds have long been planted. What are you going to do, though, when so many of your fans want constant transparency and do treat Destiny as merely a service that must be responsive to their ever-changing wants and desires? Maybe transparency doesn't make people as happy as they expect it to.

I've had zero interest in Warframe, but after watching the reaction video Korny posted, I'm interested, or wish I had been interested from the start. I want that--a reason to care about the universe, and a chance to be surprised, delighted, and have my mind blown.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread