The problem is that Bungie's put into a bit of a predicament (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 20:31 (3090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

All good points.

To me, the biggest problem with this update is that the 1 thing they stayed fairly quiet about, the quest, is so insignificant that it can barely be considered "content". They didn't keep it mysterious so that we'd have fun digging into it ourselves, they stayed quiet because there is no way they could have told us anything without revealing how pathetically minimal it is. It feels like lying-by-omission to me.

I see it the other way: it's honesty. The thing they talked the very least about is the most insignificant thing.

Similarly, I don't understand how these streams were a hype marketing train. They were all pretty matter of fact and straightforward. They showed a trailer. They showed live gameplay. They explained the changes they would make. They did some terrible "surprise" reveal reactions, but at the end of the day it was just saying there is a third page of the vault.

I was expecting very little and felt no hype from bungie (I literally forgot it was update day until the day of when I say a post. I even scheduled an unrelated fire team event for last night.)

I remember from January they have been downplaying these filler updates, right?

I skipped the TW@B posts since I spent so much time watching the stream so maybe they were more bombastic?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread