??? POTENTIAL RAID SPOILERS (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 02:51 (2809 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I remember the discussion coming up during the Halo 2 and Halo 3 pre-launch days, and I used to take a pretty hardline stance that if the developer is willing to show and talk about it, it's not a spoiler.

This shows that I was very definitely wrong.

It really doesn't, and if you haven't seen it it's even more senseless to say that. Developers can spoil their work. Sometimes they're willing to (e.g. when Lorraine McLees spoiled that Noble Team dies in an unboxing video of all things). The vast majority of the time, though, if they're talking about it, then it's early on, or it's a vague thing, or it's just a theme.

They had a whole section talking about being on top of the wall and the death-zamboni. Instead of a HOLY-SHIT moment, I'm going to say: Oh cool its the part where we HAVE to run away and jump off the wall. How does that not spoil the experience in your eyes?

I'm not arguing that Devs can't spoil things. I'm saying that for as secretive as they are (and as passionate as we the players are) it surprised me to see them basically reveal and explain in basic terms a section of the Raid.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread