I will explain by analogy what kind of stuff they "spoiled." (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 20:57 (2805 days ago) @ Kermit

First, showed the full raid armor sets.

In terms of the raid mechanics, it seems like if they explained about VOG "you fight through this big thing, then fall into the gorgon's maze where they can't see you if you want to live, then you continue on." Then it showed a bit of footage of the jumping puzzle to the vault of glass afterwards.

Thanks for that. I'm so glad I didn't know that about the VoG. It may sound like a minor thing, but discovering how hard the gorgons were to kill, and then realizing that we were intended to sneak by them was thrilling. That was a mechanic that did not exist elsewhere in the game.

How thrilling? I agree but I think you're overstating it, or you're remembering it wrong.

Also, it's the only part of the whole raid other than carrying things that had anything kinda-sorta-majorly different from normal gameplay, it's about the only thing kinda-sorta-majorly different at all until King's Fall. I really think people around here give the first two raids too much credit, and I wish they hadn't-- I went into King's Fall expecting it was just as overhyped, but no, it had actual puzzles, and I didn't get to figure them out myself because everyone wanted to just finish the raid by the time I got to play it.

That's the other thing-- by the time it's been out for a week, maybe a month, it'll be another part of the grind for most players. One-time surprises don't count for shit in a grind, good gameplay does, and you can't spoil that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread