Not incorrect, but the mechanic isn't that bad to know (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:13 (2808 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 15:17

Personally, I would've preferred to discover it blind for the wow factor (like "oh wow, they can do that!"), but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people will figure it out immediately.

Other than that, there is pretty clear indication of where you'll go through during the Raid, something akin to "you start Crota's End up in the Hellmouth, jump down, race through a dark cave and go into Crota's kingdom, with sick castles and shit". IIRC, it wasn't much deeper than that in details either.

One of the parts I remember from VoG blind is the jump down into the Gorgon's Lair. We remember thinking, uh a dead end, now what? Someone fell off and made it down but died. We put two and two together and figured out you had to take a leap and double jump to save yourself. Coming from Halo, which had nothing like that, this was huge!

But then we went exploring and got the exotic chest without even going the secret way :-)

But yeah, what if we knew ahead of time that the progress through the VoG would involve jumping down a huge cliff? Not so cool. Sometimes the best moments in games are when you have to figure out doing something you didn't even know you could do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread