Yawn (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, August 19, 2016, 03:34 (2807 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, August 19, 2016, 03:42

It's not good enough to discuss Destiny? You just had to continue this thing where people try and piss other people off for no reason, huh?

It's not like we don't have spoiler tags. It's not like we haven't gone round and round about spoilers recently. Doesn't even matter if everyone knows about Harry Potter and The Sixth Sense, you didn't have to do that... but being a jerk was apparently more important to you than respecting others' opinions.

I used my post to be somewhat dismissive of the eruption that occurred at Bungie daring to show their own game in their own ViDoc and, for all we know, not spoiling shit about the Raid or how it's going to play or what else we're missing from what was shown. I also showed respect by not commenting further on what exactly was shown or describing it in any way. So I used two of the most well known and made fun of and obvious spoilers in my post as a tool.

So you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time? You didn't mean to be associated with the larger debate about trying to piss people off by randomly posting spoilers? Fair enough.

Save your false and disingenuous outrage, or find something real to get upset about. Your reaction to bluerunner's post says everything about your little show of a reply to me. Much like with a Cody or a petetheduck, you gotta feign that outrage or come at someone you don't particularly like. You're boring. Your false rage, informed by that reply to bluerunner, only leaves this yawn and your favorite thing ever of all time:

If you hadn't noticed, Funkmon decided to meltdown today and he really made multiple people angry. Is it any surprises that you picked up some flack when you, intentionally or not, did much the same thing with spoilers as he was doing? And in the very same thread? Consider that rather than demonstrating false and disingenuous outrage about the same topic that got someone else banned, I just happen to be the first person to address you with a point of view that I and others had already shared with (at least) two others in the last couple of days.

I'm gonna take you at your word that you were reacting to the posts about Bungie spoiling things and not to the wider debate about spoilers. So take me at mine: I don't feign things. Aside from the occasional step too far, I mean and believe in what I say. That I end up criticizing the same people more often than others has much more to do with them espousing the same ideas that I strongly disagree with over long periods of time and far less to do with any personal dislike.

As for the reply to bluerunner... I was far more unhappy with his post than yours and I really let him have it. But then I edited it (both title and content) to what you see now about twenty minutes later. Check the time stamps. It's hardly representative of false outrage. More like restraint after the fact... That and I got Luke's quote wrong. :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread